Sunday, February 17, 2013

Where's my Pottery Barn Kids order?

This review is about a bad experience with Pottery Barn Kids.  I ordered a baby quilt from Pottery Barn Kids' Jungle Friends Nursery Bedding collection close to 10 days ago, and still have not received it. This nursery quilt was intended for a baby shower, however it does not look I will be receiving it in time.  It is honestly very frustrating and sad to buy a gift and not be able to give it to my BFF for her first baby's special occasion.  This is the first time I am ordering from Pottery Barn Kids, and the experience has been less than impressive.  I'm afraid it might be my last time too.  I can find nursery quilts elsewhere.

The Jungle Friends collection is very cute though and features giraffes, elephants, monkeys and hippos.  I paid $99 for the quilt and an extra $7 to also have it personalized. 



It seems Pottery Barn Kids can't get their act together because I placed the order close to 10 days ago, and still haven't received the quilt.  I received a call 5 days after the order was placed because they needed to verify the order was valid since the shipping and billing address were different.  Hasn't Pottery Barn Kids every heard of ordering a gift for others?  I appreciate the due diligence but calling me 5 days after the order was placed is unacceptable.  They should have either emailed or called me within 24-48 hours.  What's the point in providing all that contact information if it isn't used when it really matters?  This just goes to show orders don't get processed until a week after it is placed   , which their website states: "Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery.", so that means I have to give them a week's time to process the order, then ship it?

Even after the address has been confirmed, I was told the order would be shipped out immediately.  It's now been 4 days since my phone conversation with the Pottery Barn Kids rep, and my order status still shows "Shipping Soon" on their Order Status tracking.

Pottery Barn Kids, please ship my order soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment