Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chanel Nail Polish

This post comes rather late, but I have an epicurean confession to make.  I totally splurged on nail polish last summer and have zero regrets - Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Island for $26.  This is the most expensive nail polish I have ever bought, and it was worth every penny.

Island is part of Chanel's limited edition summer collection for 2012.  What makes Island so special is that under different lighting the color may appear a pearly pink or beige.  It's a chameleon of effects playing with light and color, and it's absolutely beautiful!


In all honesty, I have never spent more than $9 on a bottle of nail polish so splurging on Chanel is a big deal for me.  I say the money was well spent because Chanel's nail polish is very long lasting, doesn't chip easily, and does not leave yellow stains on the nails.  I have noticed when using other brands of nail polish like Essie, my nails would turn yellowish if I kept the nail polish on for over a week.  This then continues the vicious cycle of continuing to apply nail polish to cover up the yellowness.  Gross!

I was curious why my nails didn't turn yellowy and this lead me to a very interesting piece of information.  Chanel's nail polish does not contain the big 3 toxic chemicals commonly found in nail polish - Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde, and Toluene.

No comments:

Post a Comment